Welcome to the Wednesday Walk Around the Web, where we weave & wind through weblinks weekly. Hopefully you will find the links on offer amusing, interesting, or informative.
- There’s a new Star War afoot, and as always the ol’ Spectacular is ON IT. In that show we said that it felt like some of the folks who got cameos and supporting roles must have won a bet — it turns out that Dominic Monaghan actually did win a bet with master pre-planner JJ Abrams.
- Of course, the headline Star Wars attraction this winter is a touching paean to Yoda’s stick.
- Which quotations are best improved by adding “here, in the middle of this Olive Garden” on the end?
- A lot more of us, myself absolutely included, need to work on giving less information to Facebook.
- OverDrive, the leading ebook platform for libraries, was just bought by the same investment firm that bought and gutted Toys R Us. Read ’em while ya got ’em.
- RIP Randy Seuss, co-creator of the first CBBS software.
- If you’ve ever had trouble using a keyboard and thought that it must be the worst-designed keyboard in existence, hopefully you’ll be relieved to find out that it truly is not — this knob you turn one notch at a time to navigate through available characters is the worst-designed keyboard in existence. It’s an amazing achievement, really.
- The longest continuous walkable distance on our planet takes you from the far eastern edge of Russia to the tip of South Africa, so get to stepping.
- I believe that you can do anything with enough hard work and determination. You can build a house. You can make yourself a better person. You can make your backyard shed the top-rated restaurant on TripAdvisor.