Welcome to the Wednesday Walk Around the Web, where we weave & wind through weblinks weekly. Hopefully you will find the links on offer amusing, interesting, or, occasionally, profound. Views expressed in the Wednesday Walk do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but the writer.
- We still need your advice questions for Steve Wille’s guest appearances on the ol’ Spectacular — big or small, we’ll consider them all! Email us or go to our Ask.fm page to send your questions today. (Your name won’t be read on the show without permission (so tell us what to call you if anything), and Ask.fm allows anonymous submissions.)
- For instance, if you wrote in and asked whether you should celebrate someone’s death, I would almost always say that that’s A Bad Look. Don’t make things worse for people who are mourning, that sort of thing. I’m willing to be flexible when it comes to people who were actively hurtful or abusive — ideally such folks would realize the harm they’ve done and make an effort to make amends, but when they refuse, there comes a point where the next best thing is that they can’t do any more harm. Anyway, Billy Graham is dead. He can’t use the influence he spent a lifetime cultivating to try to counter the poison he spewed or the effects it had, but neither can he bolster it any longer (and honestly, he hasn’t been able to do much for some time, leaving the job to his spawn along with his obscene wealth). All the same, a man who wanted me dead will lie in state at the US capitol, so I’m not positively inclined towards his mourners.
- Anyway, let’s lighten up for the moment with kids recreating stills from the Oscar nominees.
- Fare thee well Olympians. I’ll miss you.
- You know, I’m not here to yuck anyone’s yum. But you might want to think twice before masturbating using a dead anglerfish’s stomach.
- Most dice used to be distinctly unbalanced, but a lot of people didn’t care because their rolls were dictated by fate anyway.
- It’s really rare to find anything organic in archaeological digs because of natural decay, so these ancient Roman leather boxing gloves are truly special.
- 64 percent of bottled water is tapwater and continues to be a waste of money and environmental resources for anyone who doesn’t live somewhere where the tap water isn’t terrible.
- This Week in Relationship Goals: The next time my boyfriend spends an entire evening playing the video games, I know what to do.