Greetings Place to Be Nation! Welcome to the Wednesday Walk Around the Web, a weekly excursion into items of interest in our wide wonderful internet. It’s not safe out here, online. It’s wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross…but it’s not for the timid.
If you want to have a link included in a future edition of the Walk, senden Sie mir eine E-Mail!
- As The Wednesday Walk Institute for Weblinking Excellence would like to start this column in as appropriate a way as possible, we present to you a dolphin using a dead fish as a fleshlight. Follow ever on for more insights into animal masturbation than you require, but perhaps not as many as you desire. The Walk doesn’t judge.
- Angela Lansbury has at long last achieved a well-deserved advance in society. Beatification can’t be far behind.
- Our very own Steve Wille sends word of memory editing. The mind is a powerful thing, and your chosen narrative has great power within it.
- When all you have is a hammer…
- Isaac Asimov knew a thing or two.
- [NSFW, NO WAY NO HOW] Critique My Dick Pic is a real thing in the world, and believe me, this is a valuable resource. If you’re going to take and/or distribute dick pics, you deserve to take and/or distribute better ones. (Also, the writer described one photo as “gesturing to your balls like god gesturing to Adam in the Sistine Chapel,” so there’s literary merit as well.)
- Surely Viking witches were as awesome as they sound.
- Dogs know what’s up. Or, at least, they know what’s north.
- There are conflicting reports as to whether Kim Jong-un fed his uncle to dogs. It seems really easy to make up outrageous stories about North Korea, since so many outrageous stories wind up being true.
- The ridiculously granular genres in Netflix take a lot of work to put together, but imagine the data they can get out of them.
- Now available for children of all ages: the LEGO Mars Curiosity Rover!
- Friend of the Walk Joseph Lee would like us all to know some murderer’s mistakes to avoid. Just in case.
- There have been dozens of proposals for splitting US states, while it typically takes some extraordinary circumstances to make it happen. (Hello, West Virginia!) It’s interesting, though, to consider what the map might look like with all of them considered at once.
- RIP composer Wojciech Kilar.
- The Victorian Diagnosis Generator gets to the root of all your troubles.
- Cold War-era US nuclear weapons were protected by the super-secret password 00000000.
- Sometimes a headline is all you need to know. Sometimes you need just a bit more detail.
- Finally, in our PTB Nation Link of the Week, Derek Cornett takes a look at The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Also watch out for his thoughts on The Desolation of Smaug, whose name I had no idea we were supposed to be pronouncing that way.