Chad and Parv welcome fantasy booker extraordinaire Derek Cornett to review the Great American Bash 1990.
– [2:02] Derek’s background as a fan
– [21:13] Observer and Torch roundup, including: talk of Hogan vs. Flair at WrestleMania 7, Brutus Beefcake’s boating accident, Wade Keller on Ole Anderson’s booking, and an Eddie Gilbert interview.
– [47:57] Gordon Solie Wrestling News Network Update marathon, including Solie’s lunch with “former world light heavyweight champion” Charlie Lay
– [1:01:13] Great American Bash 90 review, including the Fabulous Freebirds in some of the worst ring attire even seen in the squared circle, Arn’s priceless facials taking on the fearsome El Gigante, some discussion of whether or not crowds can give “wrong” reactions during matches and about crowd dynamics in general, and is Sting’s post-match promo good or just plain weird?
– [2:44:50] End of the show awards and ‘Question for the Listeners’
Where the Big Boys Play has a new home on iTunes. Subscribe to the PTBN Wrestling Network for the entire WTBBP catalog as well as other great podcasts like Titans of Wrestling, Wrestling with the Past, Good Will Wrestling and the Brad & Chad show.