Welcome to the Wednesday Walk Around the Web, where we weave & wind through weblinks weekly. Hopefully you will find the links on offer amusing, interesting, or, occasionally, profound. Views expressed in the Wednesday Walk do not necessarily reflect those of anyone but the writer.
- From PTBN Grand Poobah Brad Hindscrooge: The Most Popular Board Game the Year You Were Born, which underlines for me how many of the games my parents had around when I was growing up were from the 60s and 70s. Game of Life, bay-beeeeeeee!
- This Week in History: A medieval skeleton was found in Italy with a large knife positioned as a prosthetic hand.
- We’ve covered the saga of the monkey selfie previously on the Wednesday Walk. Now, things have taken a turn for the worse for the monkey.
- This Week in Photoshop: Everyone knows food ads are photoshopped within an inch of their lives, so the halfway witty ones are the ones that lean into it.
- Terry Crews continues to be a gift.
- Shakespeare is 454 years old and still vital. He’s still a role model too!
- Emoji are so current, so now, when we already had the pictographs we needed millennia ago.
- Amazon wants your car keys now. Let’s not give Amazon our car keys, all right?
- Clouds on Uranus have been found to be composed partially of sulfur, which means headline writers and twelve-year-olds can finally live the dream: Uranus smells like farts. Science!