Parv, Pete, Johnny and Kelly take a break from WWF for the first episode of a three-part indepth exploration into Mid-Atlantic aka Jim Crockett Promotions in the 1970s.
On the docket:
Johnny Valentine promo (1973)
Rip Hawk & Swede Hansen vs. Johnny Weaver and Art Neilsen (1973)
Johnny Valentine and Paul Jones promos (1973)
Johnny Weaver vs. Super Destroyer (aka The Spoiler, Don Jardine) (1974)
Greg Valentine vs. Wahoo McDaniel (9/7/77) (Valentine breaks Wahoo’s leg)
Promos from Johnny Valentine, Sonny King and Ivan Koloff (1974)
Ric Flair and Greg Valentine vs. Ole and Gene Anderson (6/8/77)
– Johnny’s fanmail and Titans verbal ticks
– Info on Art Neilsen and on Johnny Weaver
– Fantasy booking “The Spoiler” in 2015
– Discussion of the psychology of promos
– Completely random discussion of Barry Darsow, Gene Anderson the Sheriff, 50 Shades of Johnny Valentine, and much much more.
The PWO-PTBN Podcast Network features great shows you can find right here at Place to Be Nation. By subscribing on iTunes or SoundCloud, you’ll have access to new episodes, bonus content, as well as a complete archive of: Where the Big Boys Play, Titans of Wrestling, Pro-Wrestling Super-Show, Good Will Wrestling, and Wrestling With the Past.
Be sure to “like” the new PWO-PTBN Podcast Network page on Facebook as well!