Titans of Wrestling #18: WWF at MSG – September 1980
Parv, Johnny, Pete and Kelly take another trip to MSG in 1980 for a look at the historic Backlund vs. Race, WWF title vs. NWA title match.
For previous episodes of Titans of Wrestling plus subscribing options, click here.
On the docket tonight:
09-06 HULK HOGAN INTERRUPTS ANDRE THE GIANT INTERVIEW CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
09-13 ANDRE THE GIANT vs HULK HOGAN CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
09-20 HULK HOGAN vs STEVE KING / ANGELO GOMEZ ALL STAR WRESTLING
09-80 BOB BACKLUND, HARLEY RACE PROMOS WWF TV
09-22 ANDRE THE GIANT vs HULK HOGAN MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
09-22 BOB BACKLUND vs HARLEY RACE WWF CHAMP vs NWA CHAMP MADISON SQUARE GARDEN
- Bio for jobber Steve King and his residency at “Steve King’s House” aka The Zembo Mosque
- The secret sex life of Classy Freddie Blassie
- Pete finally re-reviews Hogan vs. Andre from WrestleMania 3
- Kelly’s history lesson: WWF title vs. NWA title matches down the ages
- Parv takes on all-comers like Andre vs. an army of jobbers as he rants about one of his all-time least favorite matches